Why men are crazy about my bum – Evia Simon







Your name sounds sweet, Evia.
That is my stage name. My real name is Eveshoyan. I’m from Edo State, from a family of six, but my parents are late. Only four of us are left: two girls and two boys. I’m based in Abuja.

When did you start acting?
I started in 2007, but officially in 2010. I started when I was in Kogi State. I began with their local movies. Then in 2009 I went to Port Harcourt on a mission. But officially, I registered with Actors Guild of Nigeria (AGN).
Who or what inspired you to choose acting as a career?
I got inspiration from watching movies when I was still 13 or 14 years old. Then, I was aspiring to be a musician, but it was not easy for me to sing, so I now swapped. I decided it was better to go into acting because I love acting more. I started by miming people in movies, watching them with keen interest before I finally got a friend who introduced me to a producer who wanted to shoot a movie in Kogi State. In that movie, they brought in Sam Loco, Rita Edochie and some other people. That was the first movie I did. I was a princess, a spoilt girl from London and that was how it started before I finally came into Nollywood and registered with AGN.
Where did you school?
I had my secondary school education in Kogi State, Okene precisely. My primary education was in Kano, because I was born in Kano and I had admission to study in Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja.
What’s the high point of your career?
I’m still trying to get there. I cannot really say I’m there yet, but I think I’m still on the move and I hope I’ll get there by God’s grace. I’ve not really had the opportunity to showcase my talent. You know how the industry is, it is not easy for anyone to just come in, grab a role and say ‘yes, this is my role and I have become a star.’ There are many artistes, many stars and lots of talents. No matter how beautiful you may think you are, there are lots of people who are more beautiful. If you think you’re sexy, there are lots of other artistes who are sexier. The industry is full of the best of the bests, you cannot easily stand out. Only the grace of God can get you there. I give glory to God Almighty who has given me a director that is nice to me. At least, I’ve been able to play a lead role in a movie that is coming out soon: ‘Men in Bondage’ and ‘Men in Pain’. It’s a comedy movie and I played the lead role. More are still coming.
How many movies have you done so far?
With the ‘Waka Pass, Waka Come’, I think they’re more than 30. I can’t really say, because the ‘Waka Pass’ are even more.
Which are the most popular ones?
‘Three Generals’, its part two is ‘Stubborn Generals’. ‘Regent of Kings’ is in six parts and there are ‘Prince Apart’ and ‘Bless the King’. Others are ‘Ifunanya’, showing on Iroko TV now and cinemas; ‘Dirty Princess’, ‘Oga Madam’, and many others.
You once said that men go crazy over your figure; how is that?
Yeah, it’s true. My bum gets me undue attention and it can be so embarrassing sometimes. At times, I don’t feel happy about it. Of course, there are other shapely, sexy, and beautiful girls, but you know, this is me. I don’t know what they are passing through, but I know that I’m passing through hell daily. Even girls get funny about it sometimes.
Girls chase you too?
Not really chasing me, but they’re always trying to see if my bum is real or padded. I’ve worked into a market before and a girl followed me. You know markets are very crowded, so she just followed me and tapped my bum to be sure. You know what I did to her? I ran after her, held and put her hand on my bum and I said ‘feel it very well, it is not padded’. She started laughing. She wanted to know if it’s padded. I’ve had more harassment in the streets. People embarrass me a lot because of my big bum.
Are you currently in any relationship?
I’m single. I’m not married.
How do you handle your male admirers?
As I am, it is difficult to find anyone who really likes or loves me because I feel every man that comes around wants to have a feel of my bum and then move on. It is very difficult. It’s not that there are no good men out there, there are lots of good men but how do you know them when everybody that comes has my bum on his mind. All I hear is ‘Babe, your bum is massive’, but you don’t know what’s in their mind. You don’t know what their mindset is towards you. I don’t know who really likes me. I don’t know who just wants to play around with me and go. Seriously, it’s not easy but I’m trying my best. Relationship doesn’t work for me, so I don’t really put my mind on it. Relationship is not my thing. I’ve tried and it’s not working, so I don’t want to push it. If it comes, fine. If not, fine.
What do you find attractive in a man?
Oh my God! A black guy; I like when a guy is black, shiny black, tall, huge, very smart and hardworking, God-fearing, caring, guys that give attention to a lady even if the girl is saying rubbish, at least, he listens and hears her out.
How do you maintain your shape?
I don’t do much. I eat. My problem is that I’m beginning to eat very late and it’s making my tummy big. Like this morning, I woke up, did some sit-up exercise, but most times I don’t do it because I feel very lazy. I’m very flexible when it comes to exercise, but I find it difficult because of laziness. Sometimes, I do it for a month and at other times I stop, but I don’t eat much. I eat more carbohydrates, fruits and I’m okay.
Can you do a sex scene in a movie?
No. I can’t. I can’t do a sex scene. I can kiss in a movie but I can’t go nude. The highest I can go in a movie is to show my bra. I can’t even wear a G-string in a movie or a pant. I can wear a bra, but for nudity, I can’t do that.
We’ve been hearing of lesbianism in Nollywood. Is it rampant or just rumours?
Lesbianism is everywhere. When you talk of Nollywood, it’s there too, at the top and everywhere. So, it’s not a new thing. It is everywhere, not only in Nollywood.
What’s your philosophy of life?
Life is lovely if you know how to live. Put God first in whatever you do. I believe without God nothing good can be achieved. If it is money you think you can use, use it very well but God is ahead of everything in life because this life is just a small place. We see it as very big but it’s a small place and it’s a market and we will all leave one day to return to God. So, pray to God. Let God lead. Do what you can, be nice, be good. My mom always tells me: ‘Do your best and leave the rest for God.’ Don’t be too desperate about life. Everything you want will definitely come. But if you’re desperate about life, you will end up falling into the wrong hands. So, the best thing is to keep calm. That’s just what I do.
What more should your fans expect from you?
First of all, let me thank my fans. I love you all. Without you there is no me. I know I’ve not gotten to where they expect me to be. But I will get there. Just watch, keep calm, pray for me and believe I will give you the best. I receive your messages on Facebook, on Twitter, everywhere. I’m thanking you officially. I love you all. Expect beautiful things from me and I promise to make you people proud.
Last words:
I would say please, whatever I do in a movie is not my lifestyle. It’s a job and after the movie I don’t think I would do that same thing I did in a movie. So, don’t judge me by my dressing. Don’t judge me by my role. I like sexy clothes, so don’t think because I put on clothes to look good I want to attract any man. I don’t. Right from when I was small, I loved wearing skimpy things. Now, my body doesn’t permit my wearing those things, but please, people shouldn’t judge me over my dressing. I just love them. I’m not doing it because of anybody.

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »